Saturday, May 6, 2017

Prom 2017

For my final blog post, I’ve decided to go with the topic of prom because with everything that happened, it was still one of the best nights of my high school experience.

My prom day was honestly anything but ordinary. The day before, I had made a list of things I needed to do before 5:45pm on April 28, because that’s when pictures were at my house. This extra long list looked like it was going to be almost impossible to complete.
Thursdays list consisted of:
  • Studying for friday’s physics final
  • Planting flowers
  • Vacuuming the whole house
  • Cleaning my room
  • Putting everything down in the basement
  • Getting my phone fixed at the apple store
  • Getting my nails done
  • Getting my spray tan
  • Getting my eyebrows done
And Friday’s list was just as hectic consisting of:
  • Waking up early to shower and shave
  • Blowdrying and straightening my hair
  • Getting my ring resized
  • Getting my hair done
  • Getting my makeup done
  • Picking up my boyfriend from school
  • Going to buy earrings
  • Going to buy shoes
  • Going to buy a clutch
  • And making sure everyone got to my house on time and was ready to go.

You could probably only imagine all the stress I was under while trying to complete the school day with my HUGE global capstone presentation, getting ALL of my final assignments, the AP Psych test on Monday hanging over my head, and having one of the biggest lacrosse games of our season right after school.

That afternoon, because I had so much to get done, I ended up leaving school to go get my eyebrows done, came back and gave my capstone presentation, then got ready for my game. Now, I wasn’t supposed to be playing in this game in the first place because right before, I had just  learned that my hip flexor was stressed from the game the day before and running around on it was just going to make it so much worse. However, I never want to let my team down and I figured, I’m not a bitch, I can handle it.

Well my world came crashing down mid game and I was proven completely wrong. Coach subbed me out because she saw I was running around too much and was worried about me being tired or stressing my injury. The minute I came off the field though, my body didn’t know what was happening to it. All of the sudden I couldn’t breathe, like I was having an asthma attack, my body went numb and started to tingle, my chest tightened up, and I couldn’t control anything, so I ended up collapsing down on the side of the field. After who knows how long of me not being able to control my breathing or my body, I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance and spent my night in the ER. There went my whole entire checklist of things to do. I was stuck there until about 1 in the morning with my mom, boyfriend, and best friend where we learned that either one of two things had happened to me. I either had a panic attack or there was something wrong with my heart. Either way, it was news I didn’t want to hear.

As I got home from the hospital and processed all the news, I found out I still had to go to school the next morning, finish my checklist, and be ready for prom in less than 24 hours. The clock was ticking and the pressure was on. The next morning, I rushed to get a spray tan done and did my nails before I got to school at 9. I was running on no sleep and pure fear of something happening to my body again, but I knew I couldn’t think about it. I went through all the items on my checklist and, with a couple of breakdowns and breathers, I was able to get everything done on time and everything honestly ended up better than I expected it to be.

I looked way better than I thought I was going to, everyone got along with each other at pictures, my house was spotless, my parents gave me the Mercedes to drive to prom in, and I got to see and spend the night with everyone that I cared about. It was a rough beginning, but in the end, it was my favorite prom and everything worked out to be fun and picture perfect.

The final product:
 

All smiles:

Kris and I after she spent all night with me in the hospital:

Our boyfriends bought us the same promise ring:

My hair that I was so stressed out about getting done:


Pics with the Mercedes:


He was too hype when he got to drive this:


Smiles again:


Laughs with Caitlin:

Laughing even thought my heart is killing me:


We went to our charter homecoming together:

My favorite picture:

Here's a pic with the brother because our parents would've been mad if we didn't take one:

We were both very excited to wear our red dresses that we spend our study halls talking about:

Group pic:

My favorite couple:

No comments:

Post a Comment